Saturday, March 19, 2016

Burned House Old Hwy 25 Travelers Rest South Carolina

This was posted back in April 2009.

One day while on one of my many explorations I ran across a house that had burned down. It is not completely burned. It appears the fire started in the kitchen and spread throughout the rest of the house. I explored the house mostly from the outside as the inside was very charred and in terrible disrepair from the fire and I did not want to get hurt.
I can't say whether this house is haunted or not but it is very creepy and definitely worth a look. I have the distict feeling someone may have died in that fire but of course I don't know this for sure. I'm pretty certain the little camper parked down the road from the house belongs to whoever lived in the house and he/she they are now living in the camper. Again this is pure speculation. But it appears the small trail behind the house leads to where the camper is parked. So if my hunch is correct I'm right.
It's a worth a look. It is interesting to say the least.

Directions: From US-25 turn onto old hwy 25 and some ways up you'll see the house on the right. You'll see a small camper first. It's actually easier to see coming from the opposite direction. I was able to park at the edge of the driveway. In fact I was able to turn my car around in the area further up the driveway but I don't usually recommend this. I recommend parking at the road or as close to the road as possible making your exit as smooth as possible.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.


You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.
Peace.....Urbankish

No comments:

Post a Comment