Friday, March 11, 2016

Melvin Hill Church-Rutherfordton North Carolina 54



This is a post from May 2009.

This is the Melvin Hill Church and cemetery located on Melvin Hill Road in Rutherfordton NC which for some reason I thought was in SC for the longest but only recently when back in this area exploring discovered it's actually in Rutherfordton. I never would have known this but for the fact I was mapping a house in this area I saw for sale on a real estate site. I saw a couple of abandoned houses and mobile homes too. I didn't take any pictures on my last visit which isn't but about 30 to 45 minutes from where I live depending on where I go in this area of Rutherford county. I had some stuff to take care of in downtown Rutherfordton the last time I was there so I didn't really get the opportunity to take any pictures which I really wanted to do. I plan on going back to take the pictures of the abandoned houses and mobile homes in the area.
I've been here a couple of times, the time before the last it was too dark for me to take pictures. I like to take my photographs earlier in the day around 2 PM has been the best time for me. Very early in the morning is not good and too late is not good either.
There are pictures here of both the church and cemetery.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.

Visit my other blogs at http://life990.blogspot.com and http://spectraldivine.blogspot.com.

You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.
Peace......Urbankish

8 comments:

  1. 盛年不再來,一日難再晨;及時當勉勵,歲月不待人..............................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 看看blog調整心情,又要來繼續工作,大家加油........................................

    ReplyDelete