Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Moss Covered Abandoned House South Carolina


This was taken back in May 2009. The photo isn't too good and I turned it to a black and white. I don't have the original color photo as all my content was lost.

This is a moss covered empty, abandoned house that has no doubt been abandoned for a long time. It probably belonged to some ole timers who passed away long ago and now their children are either too old to care what happens to the property or they no longer remember it. Either way, it sits quietly and most definitely lonesome on the corner of N. Old Buncombe Rd and Gosnell Rd in Travelers Rest SC.
It has been sitting there going to pot for a long time and continues to deteriorate. Sadly no one cares about it.
It has an outhouse so I doubt it ever had indoor plumbing. If it had power that would be a miracle so that says something about it's age.
It sits there covered in moss begging for visitors.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.


You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.
Peace.....Urbankish

1 comment:

  1. I love old abandoned buildings and have since I was a child. I really appreciate that someone has taken the time to capture them before it's too late.

    Love your site.

    ReplyDelete