Friday, March 11, 2016

Haunted Burned Beer Bottle Top




POP THE TOP ON THE WORLD OF WEIRD!
This is a old bottle cap, I believe it was a pop top due to the shape of the bend. It still contains some ash from the burn site.
I have long been a collector of oddities, one of kind, and historic items. I recently revisited a close by site here in my home of rural Powell, Al. This place is surrounded with local folklore, history, and strange energies. As a child I came to know this place as "the iron bridge." Legend has it that a witch lived in these woods in the early 1950's...she became enraged when they built this bridge over her sacred land. After taunting passersby for a number of years it was told that locals burned her alive in her cabin. Years later I can remember playing in the surrounding woods and seeing and hearing strange people chanting wearing cloaks on the bridge. We deemed them "devil worshippers " and made sure we were well clear of the bridge at dusk. I found these items recently while searching in the woods I came upon a area that seemed to burnt. After some excavation I found layers of ash. I do not know the age of these items, nor if this is the actual burn site of the cabin, I do know that when I returned home with these items I became nervous with clammy palms. They spoke to me in a sense... and I dug from storage other items I have collected from this area throughout my life.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.

Visit my other blogs at http://life990.blogspot.com and http://spectraldivine.blogspot.com

You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.
Peace.....Urbankish

No comments:

Post a Comment