Friday, March 11, 2016

Introduction And Welcome

Hello and welcome to my new and improved blog. Due to advertiser requirements I was forced to make changes. I found it nearly impossible and very time consuming to make changes to individual posts so I decided to start all over. Don't worry, I didn't get rid of my many posts just took them down until I can make necessary changes.

I started this blog back in April 2009. It's hard to believe it's been nearly seven years since I started posting about my visits to various places and then adding pictures at my ex husbands urging. Alot has happened in those seven years. I became interested in hauntings right after my Mom passed. Since then I've lost my dad, my ex husband and I are no longer together and that is very strained due to the fact I left him because of his alcoholism which he refused to take reponsibility for. Been through another relationship that didn't pan out. I spent a year and half on the road before staying put for a year, getting involved with someone(we are still friends) then being forced out of his house by his church and going on a long trip once more to come back briefly and stay with my ex husband because I had no place to live then leaving again for another long trip. And of course, going to two therapists which I'm not sure could help me if divine intervention were present.

As you can see alot has happened in the past seven years since I started this blog as a hobby and it's still more or less a hobby. Since I live pretty much on the road now without a real home unless you count walmart and mcdonalds as home I've decided to do two things, first, kickstart this blog since I was only posting every once in a while(every few months) and visit some of the really haunted places I never got around to in the beginning. Back then I looked for places that weren't too far from where I live so I wouldn't be gone but a couple of hours. As time passed I took pictures everywhere I went but never got around to posting them then about a year ago after leaving a portable hard drive at my ex husbands(that I shouldn't have done but I had to leave quickly because he was drunk and waving a gun around threatening to shoot the neighbors and anyone else he thought was harassing him) it got lost and all of my content was lost with it except for a few pictures I'd uploaded to facebook so I took on the long journey and task of accumulating new content.
That debacle of leaving quickly with a car that had 232,000 miles on it led to other problems. In 2013 I was forced to buy another car(chevy impala which I loved) because the dealership refused and said it wasn't worth fixing the power seat which it really wasn't although that car(a Ford) is still on the road today. It must have 270k or 280k by now. Losing that car was hard. It was like losing a pet. I'd lived in it off and on when I'd leave my ex husband for awhile hoping he'd change. That turned out to be a big waste of time. No one truly changes.
I ended up going on two cross country trips after buying the Impala. I went on the third trip this past summer against my better judgment since the car had been diagnosed as needing a new transmission but no codes, etc. I let it sit for six months and took it out once more. I was in Alabama in the fall of this past year(2015) when I heard the transmission whining as I took a left hand turn before it jerked into gear. Another month went by and I was hit. It wasn't bad but with a previous unrepaired deer hit it was enough to total it out. Which really worked out for me. It wouldn't have been worth fixing the transmission with my ex husband and I still owing so much on the car and it also had other issues too including a rather expensive coolant leak which I'd never repaired. I am now driving a car I've had for quite some time but never drove that much. It was wrecked a few years ago and the insurance company totalled it out too but I kept it, repaired it and kept the mileage low. I have two other vehicles(one midsize sedan and a compact which is pretty much useless with me living on the road but it's a good car except damaged where my ex husband wrecked it).
Fast forward to now.....I'm back on the road and have been for a couple of months. And dealing with alot of other problems in addition to my living situation or lack thereof.

And if I hadn't had some issue with the advertiser and had to make changed I wouldn't have changed the blog up. But it's getting changed up a bit.

I've also had the blessing of visiting several canyons in Utah and Arizona although I didn't get back to the Grand Canyon. I was planning on going no further than Joplin Missouri when I was rear ended in Rolla, Missouri(about an hour and a half outside St. Louis) and got sidetracked by this but it did give me the opportunity to visit Stull Cemetery in Kansas as well as a couple of other alledegly haunted places there.
The insurance company didn't give me the option of repairing the car in Missouri instead mailing me a check for the repairs(which really aren't enough to fix) and the added problem of a rental house in repair/renovation. I'm not sure what's going to happen with that. I've dumped alot of money into it and have lost alot of income which could really help me out now.

Aside from having to go back to the Carolinas for a little while I have a couple of places I'd like to visit. One such place which I posted about yesterday is in Valle Crucis, North Carolina near Boone about a demon dog(hellhound) near an old stone church there. While I've no interest in encountering this monster I would like to visit the church and cemetery there. But I still have a long way to go to get to Boone, North Carolina and there are other places along the way I'd like to visit. Plus, I have to deal with this house issue and get my money from where I was hit.
I was in two accidents in two weeks. One in Nevada and the other in Missouri. That's crazy.

I will wrap up. I've rambled on long enough about what direction I'm taking this blog in. It's pretty much the same as before but some posts will be rearranged and some I may delete and of course I may delete some posts and I'm also trying to get a new blog going.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.

You can visit my other blogs at http://life990.blogspot.com and http://spectraldivine.blogspot.com.

You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.

Peace be with you on your travels if you decide to visit any of the places I post about here.....Urbankish

No comments:

Post a Comment