Friday, March 18, 2016

Outer Banks North Carolina

http://www.outerbeaches.com/OuterBanks/VacationRentals/Waves/Details/LoveOceanLife/



Today as I'm perusing the internet right after playing with the template on my blog(I ended up keeping the same one, I've already changed it from a pink that my husband thought was too bright) and typing in my blog address on google as blogger has been running slow this morning(must be the fact that it's cold and everyone is indoors playing on the internet) and for some reason an outer banks realty website popped up.

I had been planning on visiting the outer banks for some time where my uncle has a house that believe it or not in now floating in the atlantic. The only thing left other than the house which is pretty much intact except that it's tipped over on it's side floating in the water, is the wooden walkway up to the house. It's a good thing no one was in the house when it tipped over. I don't know the full story, a storm I think came through and blew it over. It was relatively poor construction I believe as does my uncle.

I had wanted to go to the outer banks for awhile before I felt my car wouldn't make another trip being that is now has 228,000 miles. I have another trip planned to the Dakotas for summer but I will be driving something else. There's no way I'm driving a car with that many miles on it.

The good news is that I took two trips to the outer banks before the fuel pump took a crap.

I enjoyed it very much, not as much as Michigan but still enjoyed it. The first time I went to Virginia Beach then down Hwy 168 to Nags Head and Ocracoke Island where I stopped. I decided not to take the ferry across to Cedar Island.
The next trip I took a different route which wasn't really planned. I went first to Rock Hill, SC then on to Columbia then to Florence and picked up I-40 and went through Fayetteville on to Morehead City. When I got to Morehead City I went to Harkers Island and Cedar Island and explored and took quite a few pictures.

The bad news is I lost some of them when my husband was trying to help me download some and accidentally deleted about 400 pictures. I used software to pull up deleted photos on a camera card and was able to pull up alot but not all and this was after taking more pictures so I did good indeed.

If you aren't afraid of a storm coming through and knocking your house down this is a nice place to live.

I've been visiting and photographing allegedly haunted and/or abandoned houses/places/roads/highways, etc. for several years now. In the beginning it was mostly North and South Carolina but later when I started travelling extensively I started visiting places throughout the south, midwest and Michigan and Ohio and occasionally other places. Not too many are creepy but most are in disrepair and rural decay. I like photographing old houses, cemeteries, barns, old cars(restored and unrestored) nature, lakes, oceans, etc.


You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.
Peace.....Urbankish

No comments:

Post a Comment