Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Burns Rd House-Travelers Rest SC

Burns Rd House-Travelers Rest SC Revisited
Recently I went back to this location with my significant other. I wanted to explore the inside. On another occasion when I went I checked the back door and it was unlocked. So when I went back we went inside and looked around.
I would say the house was built in the 1950's judging by the color scheme of the bathroom. My SO noticed that new electrical wiring has been installed. Oddly the front door is very old with a very old lock, etc. The attic has been converted. It was very hot up there however. Someone left an old mattress behind and some old clothes. The wood paneling in the living room and ceiling looks to be cedar wood.
There is an old shed right behind the house, a very small one, that contains dishes, etc.
Overall, it isn't a creepy place. What adds to it's mystique is the fact it sits all alone. There are no neighbors right next to the house. And the fact the house is right beside Allen Knob which has been said to have not only ghosts but a demon. For that reason I'm not sure if I would want to live that close to a place like that. There is no way to know why the place is empty. My significant other noted it was probably a rental and it is just between renters. But there is no surefire way to know why it now sits empty.
When I find a place like this especially if it is close to a place that is said to have paranormal activity I always wonder if the reason it sits empty is because there was supernatural happenings and the residents left when the could stand no more. It's an interesting thought.
Of note: It does have an old rotary phone on the wall in the kitchen. Those are very old and why someone would not update such an old phone is beyond me. They are completely outdated and must be replaced with a new one should the phone stop working. Also noted: And old rusted out swingset in the backyard which I made note of on an earlier visit.
Interest level: High. On a scale of 1 to 20 I rate it at 16. Definitely worth driving by if nothing else.

Visit my other blogs at FlameBrioMiHistoriaHaunted Abandoned Carolinas and Sassygrrl32.

You can read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.  Peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment