Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Outer Banks North Carolina October 2012



My last visit to the outer banks was in October I believe. I haven't been out for awhile. I've been spending so much time on my blogging. I'm on medical leave from my job until at least June I found out the other day. I'm still working for my uncle part time but only part of the time. I had a setback when my car was giving me so much trouble and I couldn't get to work a few times. Most people know how that goes. Bosses don't like it when you can't get to work. My uncle of course is fairly lenient but he had some stuff that had to be gotten to on those days and they couldn't wait so he sent my cousin Lavonia instead and I got cheated out of that work. It was the car's fault, if it hadn't been for that fuel pump(I'll talk more about that later on how difficult it is to diagnose a fuel pump problem) I would have gotten to work on time.

Anyway, enough complaining!
My last trip was good, in fact it was real good. It was better than the first trip to Nags Head that I took. That trip was never intended. I started in Virginia on the Virginia/North Carolina line and drove until I saw a sign for(can't even remember the name of the town, I remember it was 97 miles away, I thought 97 miles would only be an hour and a half but I miscalculated how much longer it would take driving through the mountains) Danville(I had to look it up, amazing, I think I'm losing my mind or I've been to so many places I can't remember them all)and once I got to Martinsville(that came before Danville) I was getting pretty tired and decided I wasn't driving back through the windy mountain roads. Later, after I thought about it I realized I should have stopped there and turned and went back the next day. Sometimes, this happens. Especially since I wanted to go back to Brammel West Virginia(I'll post more about that later).
But I kept driving and by 9 PM I was tired, very tired. I had the opportunity to head towards Greensboro NC but I kept heading east on Hwy 58. I had no idea where it going to take me. The next day I saw the signs for Virginia Beach and thought it would be a nice place to visit since I'd heard only good things about it and I suppose for some it may be a nice place to visit but I didn't find it appealing and quickly left. Instead of driving back to Danville or close where I could pick up a highway to Greenboro NC I decided to head south on Hwy 168 which took me to Nags Head NC.
I drove that late in the evening(the dusk and dark moved in quickly) and it was so beautiful I wanted to go back the next day but I wanted to explore Corolla and Ocracoke Island so I didn't make it back. It really wasn't that far and I regret that I didn't. I know that at some point I will probably make it back, I hope.

Visit my other blogs at FlameBrioMiHistoriaHaunted Abandoned CarolinasSassygrrl32.

Read my articles at http://sassygrrl32.hubpages.com.

By HauntedLegendHunter    Peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment