Friday, September 9, 2011

Hwy 127 Michigan

As I was saying in the earlier post Hwy 127 near Grayling Michigan always was the weirdest for me. I seemed to experience this sleep driving more here than any other place.
So one day I decided to do an experiment. The first time I ever experienced sleeping at the wheel I left where I was staying, got in my car which I have little to no memory of except vaguely I remember having no shoes on and from there started driving. Sometime later driving down the highway I woke up at the wheel almost out of gas and realize I must stop or run out(I have no money with me). I'll worry about that later I think. The next morning I thankfully find some money I'd stuffed into the side pocket of my car. Change at a drive thru I didn't want to be bothered with putting in my purse. I leave and go back to where I'm staying.
Two nights later I decide to drive down the same path as before only this time I drank plenty of high energy coffee, the kind that usually keeps me up for 24 to 36 hours without sleep so I figure I'm guaranteed to stay awake certainly at midnight. I had woken up the first time around two in the morning( I know this because someone saw me leave around this time). When I woke up at the wheel it was 4:30 in the morning.
On this night I'm wide awake and not tired in the least. I made sure to sleep most of the day and drank plenty of high energy coffee so as not to get sleepy. I'm so awake and keyed up from all the coffee that I'm practically twitching. Unfortunately, it didn't work. At some point I must have stopped or just plain fell asleep at the wheel but pretty much the same thing happened. I don't know what time I went to sleep but I woke up again at roughly 4:30 in the morning. Fortunately with money this time.
I did this experiment one more time in the same area of hwy 127 with the same results. At one point I remember nothing except waking up because I was trying to drive my car over a cement barrier and down an embankment. That was really scary.

When I experimented with other places especially after drinking coffee this did not happen. Sure after long hours of driving I would get tired just like any one else but I never stopped someplace to wake up in the middle of the night and leave and go on a sleepy drive to who knows where. I never actually woke up at the wheel anywhere else and I most definitely never got sleepy after drinking coffee. It seemed to just be in this one area.
At one point I woke up in the middle of the night(at the efficiency I was staying at at which was a couple of hours from Grayling) and had this sudden desire to go outside and check everything on my car and make sure everything was working fine. On this occasion I ended up somewhere near Grayling. This happened another time only I managed to force myself to stay in bed. Needless to say I did not sleep well that night.
On two other occasions my car wouldn't start one time(very strange, the next morning it was fine) and the other occasion the key wouldn't turn(I'm guessing I put in the wrong key, I carried two sets of keys on my keychain).
I never could figure this one out. I'm not saying by any means that I believe this place(or area rather) to be haunted but I always felt there was something weird about it. Then again maybe it was just me.
Some tell me a higher power was at work protecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment