Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Abandoned House-Travelers Rest SC


This is an old, empty, very dilapidated house that sits very close to Hwy 25 on N. Old Buncombe Rd in Travelers Rest SC. It's apparent by the amount of abandoned houses in this one area that people really don't care about their or their loved ones houses especially after they've been shipped off to nursing homes and passed away.
It's this particular element that I find the most interesting. There is a history to every one of these houses. At one time someone lived here and it may have been a nice house but over time it fell into disrepair which is the case for many of the houses I find. There may have been children who lived here and who grew up here but no one will ever know. I doubt the people who live in these areas have any idea about the people that once lived there. That's a shame.
It's a shame that houses fall into such disrepair and no one cares least of all the children of the people who once lived there and had vibrant, active lives. That of course is a very positive outlook on the houses I find.
Since I don't know the story behind any of them, there could have been murderers living there, wife beaters, who knows, it's only speculation on my part but if the walls of houses I find could talk they would tell me a story, each story unique in it's own way filled with different people from different eras.
This house is very rundown with the front door standing wide open suggesting that homeless have stayed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment