Monday, April 27, 2009

Abandoned House Fuquay Varina NC



Here is the link to the house and story. It is http://www.graveaddiction.com/fvabhouse.html. I cannot make it load up when I try to access it. I've included the photo and story here on my blog. There are a number of photos at grave addiction.
This is an interesting looking old house. I like finding my own abandoned houses but I also like finding ones other people have found in areas where I can't go most of the time.

Shannon Zroback sent me the following information about this old abandoned house:



I am not exactly sure what town this house is in but I do know that is somewhere near the town of Fuquay-Varina . A friend and I found it one day when we were out looking for old cemeteries and decided to check it out. We have been back many times since. The house is falling apart (as you can tell from pics) but the yard is very well maintained. The house is full of furniture (there are even towels hanging on the wall in the bathroom) It look like it may have been a plantation home, I am sure that it was a very beautiful home at one time. The last time we were there we talked to a neighbor and he said that no one has lived in the home the whole time that he and his wife have lived next door (over 30 years) and that the owners will NOT go in the home, they only come to cut the grass and that is all. I personally find it strange that they left everything there and locked up the house (doors are locked with pad locks or have furniture pushed against them) What I think happened was that either something horrible happened there and the family no longer wanted to live there and didn't want anything to remind them of what happened so they just up and left and didn't take anything with them. OR that the house is haunted and the haunting got to be so bad that the family fled with out taking their belongings and they will no go back in the house even long enough to get their things. Everything in the house looks to be from the 60's or 70's. I personally think that the home is haunted, I get a very eerie felling every time we are there and have felt like I am being watched. Who know why the home is abandoned or why the family refuses to go back there but for some reason I feel drawn to this house.

The photos and story are courtesy of grave addiction.

14 comments:

  1. Me and my mother and friend got into the house the other day. We live about 5 miles from there and decited to cheak it out. Inside is very eerie as well. Most of the furniture in there is very old. Antiques in there! That was during the daytime and I dont think it is haunted. But we may be going back tonight and cheaking it out again. If we go I will comment again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I sure would have like to see what the house looked liked back in it's time

    ReplyDelete
  3. we drive by many times a week since we moved here and always look because of rummers. noticed recently someone has been there working on it, all new windows so far. now we have not seen him back in a few weeks, maybe taking a break? we wanted to stop and talk to him, but decided not to put notions in his head. But, abandoned again,,, lets wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked on realestate, for recient sales, house just sold for thirty thousand. Good Buy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where exactly is this in Fuquay? I would love to ride by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buy cause he probably got everything inside as well. Spirits attacth themselves to objects so auction it off if or was inside. Tear it our and rebuild. My home is 100 years old. My nephew has seen a little boy here but he doesn't bother anyone. We hear him and we know his name through reasearch. Nor sure what happened to him

    ReplyDelete
  7. where exactly is this house? i just moved to fuquay and would love to see it and put a house to the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house is located on hwy401. Leave Fuquay toward Lillington and the house is on the right just before you enter the town of Kipling. They have posted signs on it now because of how dangerious it could be "structure wise". I spoke to the owner's brother who said the fire dept. might burn the house as a practice burn. (or is there another reason???!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This house was rented approx. 30-40 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never commented back in 2011, I ended up going to that house again.. very werid.
    Deffanatly something going on. Saw shadows moving, took pics and got what looked like orbs, an heard a piano playing. Looked in the barn and found a piano... but the keys were broken..
    The owners brother nearly called the cops on me and my mother but we talked to him and he invited us to look around but to be extremely careful. We asked if it was haunted and he kinda shrugged it off and changed the subject quicky.. sketchy much??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kacy, Would you be so kind to share the pics with us? I've known that the house has been vandalise recently... so bad. It's splendor has been damaged now... but I'm pretty sure its mistery remains.

      Delete
    2. I unfortunately have lost the pics. I go by this house very frequently and years later j still see no one at the house. But they keep the yard very nice! Strange!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete