Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bell Mtn House-Tuxedo NC


This is an old abandoned house I found while exploring the supposedly haunted Bell Mountain in Tuxedo NC located in Henderson county nearest the SC line. In fact if you travel Bell Mtn Rd all the way out which is a very far distance you will run right into The Greenville SC Watershed area which is off limits to anyone but employees or authorized personel. It's an otherwise nice area minus a few old beat down houses in need of repairs. It's out in the country away from the towns but still close enough to not be too big of an inconvenience for those who like the countryside.
There really isn't anyone up there to speak of except for the people that live there and I've walked down the road and even into the Greenville Watershed area after 5 PM. I didn't see anyone. Actually I had a sudden need for a potty break and couldn't wait and the Greenville Watershed appeared to be the best choice with the most privacy so I took it.
There are several old abandoned houses out here and this is one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    My name is Charlie Morgan and I am a horror author. I actually live just down the road from this spot. I've been up that way many times as I was raised here and its where I still reside. About a half mile or so (maybe less) before you reach the location in the photo, there is an old dirt road to the right. Its mostly overgrown now and hard to see other than a gate blocking the way. If you travel up that road you will come to a large field where several strange things have occurred over the years. There's also a graveyard up there somewhere from the Civil War era. It was a settlement for freed slaves.

    I'm supposed to be making a trip to that cemetery in the near future and will be doing an in depth article for my blog. If all goes according to plan, that is. Its really difficult to get permission to go up there now so naturally I jumped at the chance. I am a writer of fiction but I can't turn down the chance to go somewhere spooky. I've been there once before and I will say that it is, without question, one of the eeriest places I have ever set foot.

    This is my link http://www.ebooknightmare.blogspot.com

    I hope you'll check it out once its posted.

    Thanks for your time. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    - Charlie

    ReplyDelete